What We Do
We offer a wide range of aviation services including Professional Pilot Services – Domestic and International – Ferry Services, Aircraft Evaluations (Flight Test) and Deliveries, Cessna Citation Crew Mentoring – IOE/SOE (FAA and Insurance Underwriters Restrictions), Avionics Systems and Crew Training, Aviation Department Development, Aircraft Management Services, Aircraft Cost Analysis, Owner Trustee, and General Aviation Expert Witness. We carry WORKERS COMP Coverage. The first Cessna Citation 500 was delivered to American Airlines in late January 1972 and there have been over 7,000 Cessna Citations delivered.
Professional Pilot Services - Domestic and International – Ferry Services
We are here to support you on all the Cessna Citation models from the Citation I/SP to the Citation X+ under Federal Aviation Administration Regulations FAR Part 91. We can stand-in if you just purchased your Citation and have not had time to select a crew or if your present crew needs to attend school for the required rating. We can help operators meet insurance and FAA requirements as well as help familiarize the crew with the systems and operations of the aircraft (IOE/SOE). Pilot services are available to alleviate your unexpected pilot shortage due to family emergencies, vacation, illness, required crew member training, or on those occasions when two pilots are desired for special trips. You may even want to consider using our services in lieu of a full-time crew member. Generally, contract pilot services are less expensive if your flight needs are under 180 days per year.
Our in-cockpit flight materials include Jeppesen Enroute (paper) and Approach Charts for the entire United States with two iPad minis as well as the Jeppesen FliteStar Flight Planning Program. We are also set up with a number of fuel discount programs throughout the United States and many international countries. Continuing education and training is an important part of our organization. In keeping with the high degree of professionalism, we maintain a full-service training agreement with FlightSafety International and ATI (Air Training International Ltd.). We are also a participant with NADE (National Association of Drug-Free Employees) consortium.
International Ferry Services
JB Aviation has been providing International Ferry Services to our Citation aircraft clients since 1998. We have made over thirty Atlantic and Pacific crossing and supported operations in Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Europe. We contract with Universal Weather and Aviation as our third-party agent when required. Based on the aircraft equipment and authorization, we may be able to assist you with a Short-term RVSM, MNPS and RNP under the Operating Control of JB Aviation, LLC for “N” registered aircraft. We also assist clients as a crewmember in their areas of operations until they become familiar with the aircraft or to meet company and insurance requirements.
JB Aviation maintains a full-service training agreement with FlightSafety International and ATI (Air Training International) Training. We are also a member of NADE – National Association of Drug-Free Employees (Consortium) for RANDOM drug testing – DOT approved program. We also monitor vaccinations for JB Aviation employees for the regions of travel.
This is what we bring to the cockpit: Jeppesen Enroute (paper) and Approach Charts for the entire United States with two iPad minis as well as the Jeppesen FliteStar Flight Planning Program and a Motorola 9505A Satellite Iridium Phone in desired areas.
Aircraft Evaluations and Deliveries
JB Aviation, LLC will act as an advisor or agent from the beginning of the selection process until your Citation is ready to be flown to its new location.
We will help you determine the best Citation that meets your flight and financial requirements. After your aircraft is selected and ready for delivery, we will conduct a complete systems check on the ground and continue the systems check with a flight that generally runs just under two hours.
If the aircraft is to go through a pre-delivery inspection that’s agreed upon by both parties, we can oversee the process and act as your agent until the inspection is complete. We highly recommend that any pre-delivery inspection be performed at a Cessna Citation-owned or factory-authorized facility.
We can help staff your plane until a crew is available and stay until the crew is familiar with the aircraft and/or the crew’s training requirements are met. Our loyalty is with you, the client, and we are committed to providing all of the services necessary until the acquisition is completed to your satisfaction.
We can also supervise new aircraft deliveries from Cessna Aircraft located in Wichita, Kansas. We are capable of acting as your agent during the manufacturing process of your Citation through direct contact with your Customer Solutions Manager (CSM). We will also be available during your Equipment Specification Session, advising you and your crew on equipment and furnishing recommendations. When your aircraft is scheduled for delivery, we can assist with the delivery and acceptance flight, reposition the aircraft to your home base, and extend our stay to accommodate scheduled flights if needed.
Cessna Citation Crew Mentoring – IOE/SOE
(FAA and Insurance Underwriters Restrictions)
IOE (Initial Operating Experience) and SOE (Supervised Operating Experience)
With the cost of adequate insurance soaring in our industry, we find ourselves looking for alternatives to reduce the annual premiums. We will work closely with your insurance broker and underwriter to develop a training curriculum that you and the underwriter will be able to sign-off on.
We strongly caution that you do not let your broker contact any of the insurance underwriters until you have had an opportunity to meet with a professional. Over the years, I have been asked to help with the training and then find out the owner, company pilot, or broker has already flooded the market obtaining quotes, and they find themselves having to pay a higher premium than necessary. Once an insurance underwriter has given you a quote, they usually will not quote the policy again for a minimum of 6 months to one year. We have been successful in creating an agreeable training curriculum that generally reduces the required flight hours of training or supervision.
Avionics Systems and Crew Training
The days of just having an aircraft equipped with the basic flight instrument in addition to a VOR/DME and ADF to serve you as your main source of navigation are behind us. Today’s avionics advancements in technology with the glass cockpits and various FMS units out there require time for the pilots to become familiar with and adapt to this new technology. Cockpit Resource Management also plays a big role in this new technology. We can spend time with your crew until they become comfortable and proficient with these new systems.
Aircraft Management Services
JB Aviation, LLC is an Aviation Management Consultant Company specializing in Cessna Citation aircraft. We will sit down with you and discuss your organization’s travel needs and financial requirements, then tailor a relationship to suit your needs. This arrangement can be on a short-term or long-term basis.
We are able to provide a professional, full-service flight department that will make your Cessna Citation aircraft more cost-effective. Our primary goal is to maintain the highest standards in business aviation, allowing management to focus on other important areas of your company.
JB Aviation, LLC will consult with you during every step of the process regarding the ways and means of setting up a professional corporate flight department. We will provide the flight crew while meeting all insurance and training requirements, maintain your aircraft to meet the requirements of the manufacturer and FAA, work closely with the aircraft manufacturer to track maintenance and upgrades such as Service Letters and Service Bulletins that keep you abreast of upcoming regulations within the industry, and provide a comprehensive yearly budget with monthly reports that strive to keep costs down without sacrificing safety and morale.
In summary, our Aircraft Management Service will:
- Provide a professional team of players, crew members and schedules to oversee your daily aircraft activity
- Provide all of the in-services for your aviation department for much less
- Provide skilled, dedicated crew members that you will know, trust and respect
- Generate monthly utilization reports and consolidated billing
- Meet quarterly with your organization to review your operation and keep the lines of communication open
Aircraft Cost Analysis
We have the knowledge and software at our disposal to analyze and compare various aircraft makes and models. We can prepare a formal presentation for your organization or arrange booklets for distribution that provide the most complete aircraft cost analysis available.
The areas we help analyze and compare include:
- Calculating your investment return on aircraft you own
- Calculating the hours of utilization required to break even
- Calculating your net revenue on leasebacks and managed aircraft
- Providing monthly cash flows on aircraft you own
- Working with any type of aircraft
- Providing a company aircraft cost analysis
- Providing individual aircraft cost analysis
- Managing aircraft cost analysis
- Chartering leaseback cost analysis
- Providing a rental leaseback cost analysis
- Providing a joint ownership cost analysis
- Providing a fractional cost analysis
- Providing a rental or charter cost analysis
JB Aviation II, LLC can serve as owner trustee to secure U.S. registered aircraft for non-U.S. citizen corporations and individuals. For further information on this service please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at (316) 688-0050.
General Aviation Expert Witness and Consultant
Areas of Expertise:
- CFR Title 14 Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s)
- Cessna Citation Aircraft
- Advanced Avionics Systems including Glass Cockpits, GPS, FMS, TAWS, TCAS Systems
- Aircraft Aerodynamics
- Aircraft Systems
- Airspace – Domestic and International (MNPS, RVSM, RNP, PRNAV, BRNAV)
- Aviation Weather Decision-making
- Cold-weather Operations
- CRM (Cockpit Resource Management) and Crew Decision-making
- Flight Instruction – Fixed-wing
- International Flight Operations and Procedures
- IOE/SOE (Initial Operation Experience/Supervised Operation Experience)
- Pilot Decision-making
- Windshear Operations in the Cockpit
FAASTeam Representative (Formerly FAA Accident Prevention Counselor) since 1984
- NBAA Corporate Business Flying Safety Award – JB Aviation, LLC (18 Years)
- NBAA Pilot Safety Award – 15,000 Hours
- Commercial Business Flying Safety Award
- Arkansas Aviation Safety Counselor Award
- FAA Aviation Safety Counselor of the Year Award (Southwest Region)
- FAA Pilot Proficiency Award Program Phase XI
- National Business Aircraft Association (NBAA)
- NBAA Citation 500, 600 and 700 Series Technical Committee
- Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association (AOPA)
- National Association of Flight Instructors (NAFI)
- Wichita Aero Club
- National Association of Drug-Free Employees (NADE)
Accident-free Flight Hours:
15,000+ (FAA ASEL Private Pilot received June 1973)
- FAA Rating and Types:
- ATP (Airline Transport Rating), ASEL (Airplane Single-engine Land), ASES Airplane Single-engine Sea), AMEL (Airplane Multi-engine Land)
- CFI – A, I and ME (FAA Certificated Flight Instructor since 1978)
- Types – Cessna Citation C525S series, Cessna Citation C500 series, Cessna Citation 560XL series, Cessna Citation 650 series and Cessna Citation 680 series